N. Thornton

Default Query: Legality of Electrical work

"Capitol" wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote in message ...

I've never heard of that: with such a clause the majority of house
insurance policies would be invalid. I dont think it would be a
tenable position.

What actually happens, is that the insurance company takes the business for
one year on a particular set of conditions, the next year on the renewal
invitation, some of the vital terms and conditions are changed. Unless you
are addicted to reading the small print, as I have become, the insured
frequently has moved to an uninsured state without their understanding this
to be the case. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 3 years, all
with different insurers and insurance products. It is even worse with
paying by debit card systems, as the supplier is allowed to set up a debit
for the next year without fresh authorisation from the customer. I have had
to write to my bank specifying that this is not permitted on my account or
the account will be immediately closed.
Unfortunately, the requirement for an annual check could be inserted
in the small print on a renewal invitation and with the cartels which
operate in the insurance industry, you would find that you could not get
cover without certification. What a thought!

Regards
Capitol

A nice little nugget

Regards, NT