No

Just remove and re-install the boards. Last board only will need to be
ripped. Easy if screwed down and its the right way to do it.
wrote in message
oups.com...
My contractor didn't leave any gaps between fiberon (composite
material) decking boards so now every time it rains my deck holds water
much longer than it should. I've lived with it for 3 years now and
don't feel right about calling him back to fix it though I would like
it fixed.

Best advice I've gotten so far is to use a skill saw between the boards
to open a 1/8" to 1/4" gap between boards. Well there are some 20 foot
runs and keeping the cut straight is difficult to put it mildly.
Already have some funny looking gaps in less prominent areas of the
deck when I tried it this weekend. Would hate to continue like that in
the prominent areas.

So...any advice on making 20 foot and longer cuts with a skill saw on
an installed deck?

Any other ideas for adding the gaps without taking out every board and
replacing with the proper spacing?