There is a difference between not knowing basic electrical code and
wiring vs. not knowing a specific and rarely used detail such as in my
question. I asked the question here to expand my knowledge and at
least get some directional pointers to the right answer -- who knows,
maybe my question has a simple and unanimously agreed upon answer or
maybe it doesn't in which case I will need to look elsewhere...

I agree with you blueman, I was actually trying to help with my limited
knowledge of using conduit and what I've read in the NEC about
inductive heating, might be something you can look into and expand your
knowledge of electrical. I hope you didn't mistake me for a real
electrician and inadvertently burn your house down while reading my
original response to your post.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that you couldn't open a book. But I do
think it is rediculous for individuals on usenet to tell others to keep
their thoughts to themselves in a prevelently DIY forum. The free flow
and exchange of ideas must not be impeded.

And I say that because I am now more knowledgeable of cabling
requirements in conduit. I only had a part of the story with voltage
issues and inductive heating. Perhaps you were not aware of inductive
heating issues and therefore a mutual exhange may have occured.

Good luck with your project blueman