blueman

writes:
Whoa there... let me get this straight...

And this goes to pretty much everyone in the thread, not just this reply.
If you can't cite the proper code, you probably shouldn't respond.

So you're saying that it's not OK for me to speculate from the
viewpoint of risk avoidance in inductive heating in electrical circuits
(which I made pretty clear I was doing, because I'm not an
electrician), bit it **IS OK** that he should be doing his own
electrical work when the OP seemingly doesn't know where to find or how
to open an NEC manual or other suitable reference to determine
requirements for running conductors in conduit??? Who gives a rat's
ass about citing the correct code chapter and verse if you don't know
what the hell you are doing to begin with???

I'm going to bake a cake and I don't know how to turn the oven on. The
mixing spoon is too cracked and I'm short three eggs. If the OP
insists on doing the work himself and comes to usenet for help, well...
that's his problem.

For the OP,
www.nfpa.org sells residential wiring textbooks and
inspector checklists for the uninitiated for about $60 each. They are
based on the NEC. Easy to follow and read. They expire every three
years. 2005 is a good time to buy since the NEC was recently revised.

There is a difference between not knowing basic electrical code and
wiring vs. not knowing a specific and rarely used detail such as in my
question. I asked the question here to expand my knowledge and at
least get some directional pointers to the right answer -- who knows,
maybe my question has a simple and unanimously agreed upon answer or
maybe it doesn't in which case I will need to look elsewhere...

Just as an anecdote, I recently hired licensed master electricians to
rewire major portions of our house and I can assure you that they did
not know details of the code outside of their daily work habits -- I
am also pretty sure that they are not the book types that would be
adept at skimming and interpreting the arcane details of code that
they were not trained in. That does not mean that they are not capable
of doing the wiring if informed of what is allowed.