Pagan

"JimL" wrote in message

My manager just told me that sales have more than doubled since he
posted that newsgroup message.

Sales must have been pretty dismal to start with.

Guys like me, who are both annoyed at spam and have numerous battery packs
littered throughout the house, will not buy from someone who puts that
misleading crap on a newsgroup. In fact, I don't mind spending a couple
extra bucks, if it means I don't have to support someone who not only spams,
but lies at the same damn time.

http://www.batterystation.com/ has the solder tabs at no extra
charge. You just have to ask for them when you order.

$39 for a new pack vs $2.20 for a new cell plus 5 minutes worth of
soldering. It's a no-brainer for me.

You can save even more money by not running your batteries down all the way.
That's what kills one cell while leaving the rest healthy. You can also
save money on soldering irons and solder, as well as time trying to figure
out how the hell to open a battery pack.

By the way, the electronics joint down the street has them for just over a
buck each, and I don't even have to pay for shipping or spamming.

Pagan