Buck Turgidson

We are looking at purchasing a house with some exterior wood pillars
painted
with lead paint (obvious by the pattern of cracks) that we want to

strip.
The EPA site has a brochure that explains how to remove the paint and
chemical strippers are acceptable. Can anyone recommend an easy

chemical
paint stripper acceptable in removing lead based paint? I would

prefer a
stripper tyep that peals off easily instead of the gooy mess. Thanks!

I assume you've had it tested for lead. You can use this:

http://www.readystripoutlet.com/

I believe that something similar are sold in HD.