HeatMan

"Ctal" wrote in message
oups.com...
We've got an attic AC unit. Over the past week the AC has shut down
(wonderful in our 90+ summer weather). It's doing this because of a
kill switch in the drip pan. As the drip pan fills up, it raises a
float on the switch and shuts the unit off.

By literally bailing the water out of the drip pan, we can get the AC
restarted. Of course this is not a practical solution.

From reading here, I believe the problem is caused by the primary drain

line being clogged? Can someone walk me through some steps to unclog
this line?

How about going outside where the drain line dumps water and use a wet vac?
That will (hopefully) clear the drain. If it doesn't, leave the wet vac
attached to the line and go up into an attic and shake the drain lines.