Default Removing old windows for replacement

My house was built in 1989. Most of the builder grade, double pane,
double hung, aluminum frame windows have ruptured seals and are fogged
up. I am considering repacing them myself but have no idea how to
remove them.

The original windows seem to have a flange that has been nailed to the
sheathing before the siding was put on. The house has aluminum siding
and also brick veneer, and I don't want to damage either when tearing
out the old windows.

The interior is drywall boxed in around the window openings with a sill
made of a corian looking material. Damaging the drywall would be easy
enough to fix, but I'd like to avoid that too.

I take on a lot of home repair projects and get good results, and I
assume I have all the tools I need. I just need some direction here as
to how to start.

One final question, and I suppose this is something all DIY people need
to ask themselves at one time or another: Will there be any real
savings buying windows from Home Depot and installing them myself vs
ordering from one of the many local companies, who I assume get them
bulk for better prices, and letting their crew install them?

Thanks,
Christopher