TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I wanted to put a room a/c unit in a window, but that's my main means
of escape in an emergency. Now, I think I should probably put it in a
wood frame exterior wall. My question: Where??? ..higher, closer to
my 7' ceiling, or lower, closer to my body and the bed I sleep in. How
about directly below the window, almost 10" above the floor???
Thanks for any help I can get!!

Mike
Picture Rocks, AZ

This is Turtle

Put it in the window and have the window latch pinned down to hold it in there.
You can have the outdoor supports to help to hold it. Then if you need out
because of a fire you just pull the latch pins in the window and then push the
window unit out. Then your out that away.

Now always put a window unit away from bed areas and about 3 foot high. Anything
else is personal Opinion.

TURTLE