SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 79" rough opening and a stock 81.5" metal entry door to
install in it. It's a standard 30" Masonite six panel door I picked up
at HD. I can't make the RO higher because I'd be cutting into a header
supporting perpendicular floor joists above it.

I have the jambs and door all marked and ready for cutting. I figure
my 7.5" circular saw will do the job on the door bottom if I set up a
fence with some c-clamps and a straightedge, but not sure what type of
blade to use for this application. Any ideas?

Thanks

Better check to see how the door is made. Taking that much off could
considerably weaken the door. Most door manufactures only put structure
around the edges.

You might have to take 1/2 off each edge.