Colin Wilson

Default gas / pressure drop when CH fires up

I have a gas pipe that runs from the meter under the stairs - across the
kitchen, before heading up to the first floor where the boiler is sited
above the opposite wall (it was only fitted recently).

From this pipe at the point at which it enters the kitchen, there is a T
which supplies the gas cooker and then on to a gas fire - these have been
in since the house was built in the 30`s.

I think the pipework is 22mm or larger across the kitchen, but i`m not
sure what the feed to the cooker / fire is (I think its smaller but its
buried in a concrete floor).

When the CH fires up, there is an audible difference in the noise of the
burner on the cooker, which I assume is caused by a drop in pressure.

Should I be noticing any drop ?

Ta

Bad ascii follows :-}

M (meter)