Colbyt

Jake wrote:
I was putzing around in the shop this morning tearing some

electronics...

Anyhow, I got a little 'frustrated' because the mats we use on our
bench-tops have gotten so old and grimy that I really wasn't happy
laying all these nice clean electrical innards on the bench. I went and
cut a piece of cardboard to use today, but I though some new bench mats
would be nice. We used to use them even in field tear-downs sometimes to
keep screws and stuff from rolling into the numerous 'Bermuda Triangles'
where small parts seem to just disappear (-:.

I spent an hour just now Googling for these things and am having no
luck, and damned if I can remember where they came from originally.

Do any of you guys use these things, and who sells them? Some of ours
had a flat magnetic edge-side to hold stuff, which is also nice.

I went so far as to look at the Snap-On on line cat, but didn't find
anything close.

Anybody got any ideas?

The no slip carpet padding that is typically used under area rugs. Comes in
2 styles as I recall. One is a heavy open weave like burlap and the other
is a solid. Both are about 3/16 inch thick. Cut to fit or just make
placemats.

Colbyt