SQLit

"Charlie S." wrote in message
news:4HJxe.2847$4U5.1382@trndny03...
I am looking for suggestions on how to repair the tiles in our bathroom.

The bottom half of our bathroom walls have ceramic tiles. In two

different
sections, where the pipes meet the wall, there are gaping holes or missing
tiles. I would like to fill in the gaps around the holes as the best I

can
and replace the missing tiles. I don't have any experience with working
with tiles, but it seems from the looks of it I could learn the mechanics

by
reading books or talking to someone at Home Depot. The carpentry part of
this job is what I need help with.

I posted pictures of the bathroom. See
http://www.geocities.com/stamkis109/My_Web_Pages.html The first picture
gives an overview on what the bathroom looks like. The last two pictures
give the best close up views of the two sides. There is wall board behind
the tiling.

I don't know how to attack this problem. Your suggestions are

appreciated.
Specifically, how would I fit in new wall board around the pipes? Where
would I attach it to? There isn't anything behind wall and as you can see
there is no wall where the pipes go through. I plan to check the local

tile
dealer for best possible color matches.

This is my first time posting here. If this type of post would be better
posted somewhere else please let me know of an alternate newsgroup.
Thanks!

I am just finishing my bathroom tile.

I found all sorts of growing things in the walls because of 20 years of
neglect. I ended up ripping down the drywall, rebuilding the walls then
setting tile. I did not want to do this but I did not want to cover up
anything that was going to be saying " feed me" in the future.

There are several methods of cutting tile. You can even get a carbide bit at
HD that will cut holes if your patient. Setting a tile with a hole in it can
be a lot of fun.. not

Matching tile I believe is like looking for the pot of gold at the end of
the rainbow. Unless the tile is new and still in production. Even then
there are going to be dye lot differences.