Evodawg

Rajesh Dugar wrote:
I am installing a Hunter ceiling fan on a slanting ceiling in my
bedroom. Following the instructions to the letter. Hung the fan and am
trying to hook the canopy to the ceiling plate. I find that the hanger
rod which hooks into the ceiling plate is longer than the depth of the
canopy, so it will become unhooked when I secure the canopy.

This seems strange. It seemed to me the load of the fan would be borne
by the hook and not by the canopy screws directly. Am I doing something
wrong or are parts defective?

The hook is only there to hold it temporarily, while you wire the
unit. You need to read the directions more closely! What holds the
fan is the piece that that screws to that plate after you slip the
triangle black roller unit in it first. You would probably be better
off having a handyman or electrician install this unit. If you didnt
install a special hanger bracket the fan will probably fall or shake
to much to use it.

Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX