Lee

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:08:16 GMT, Vince wrote:

Hello Lee:

I read in another post the suggestion of using PVC pipe as the
conduit, and gave that some thought. I think steel conduit would work
just as well as PVC.

The problem that I might have here is that this ranch type house has a
hip line roof, and there might not be enough room to angle the conduit
to the vent opening that is already located in the soffit area on the
house.

I have been concentrating on using Owens-Corning Fiberglass Duct Wrap
http://www.owenscorning.com/comminsu...erviceDuct.pdf
as the insulating material, if I can easily obtain it w/o going crazy.
I think Type 75 in 4 inch thickness will be OK. However, I have not as
yet found where to buy and do not know pricing info.

eBay has a couple of sellers for the Panasonic model FV-08VQL3 that I
am keyed onto. Pricing is at about $142 with free shipping.

Thanks for the tip; very much appreciated since I was thinking that I
need a fixed timer for 20 mins or 30 mins. I will consider the
count-down timer shown at http://www.smarthome.com/4253.HTML .

I think that I must be careful of which model to select, because the
FV-08VQL3 fan (rated at 0.7 SONE) includes two fluorescent bulbs and a
socket for an incandescent night light. I don't need the night light,
so I wont bother with a separate switch for it. The count-down timer,
Leviton model 4254/4255-Ivory, will likely handle the fan motor and
the fluorescent bulb loads. Or, I might want to go with a separate
(normal) switch for the fluorescent load.

Regards,
de ~ Vince ~

Vince,
I forgot to mention that I found insulation that might work to cover
ducting, at Home Depot. It was in the duct area, near the foil tape and
such. Its foil backed sleeves of insulation for 6" ducts and smaller. Take
a look. Its about $5.40 for 5 ft.

Also thanks for the info on the duct wrap insulation. I'll check it out.