Conrad Edwards

Default Buying a house with a view to extend...

(adder) wrote in message . com...
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...

As for extending over the garage, it will probably be simpler to bulldoze
the existing and rebuild that section. The underpinning required to the
garage to be allowed an additional storey would likely be more expensive
than a scrape and dig. You can also rebuild using the appropriate bricks to
match the house, cavity walls, insulation and fireproofing (if you're
keeping it as a garage).

Have you looked around the local area to see whether anyone else has
done anything similar. In our area it seems popular to extend
end-terraces...our property has planning permission, and there a
couple of others already done.
You might even be able to ask the owners of such a property how much
it cost for a ballpark figure.