jeffc

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message

I have a feeling you have a 240V appliance from a 240V system country
that is too pricey to throw out. If it is only a single 240 consumer
appliance that doesn't draw too much power its a lot easier just to
buy a 115V to 240V step up transformer

Actually the situation is the opposite. I want a balanced line for my
pretentious, snobbis audiophile dedicated sound room. But I'm really not
keen on buying amplifiers specially keyed for this puropse, although they do
sell them. What I'd prefer is to have the balanced line, but to use it with
regular 120v audio gear. What I might actually want is a step *down*
transformer. What do you think?