Jake

Cubby wrote:
Hiya folks,
I am looking to the collective wisdom for some advice. I've got a
cabin in the woods that we visit every so often. When we leave, we
shut off the water and drain the lines via two hand operated valves
(one turns the water off, the other opens up the lines). They are not
in an ideal location and there really is no where to move them to that
would be better. I got to thinking about using electrically actuated
valves and wondering if anyone has any words to say about these. I'd
need one that would be Normally Open and one that would be Normally
Closed in the event of power failure. I see Grainger carries some but
was wondering if there are other recommendations out there. Thanks
very much,
jlc

Asco ball valves should be fine up to about 1 1/2". After that I'd
consider gate valves, which the actuators are a bit more $$.

Jake