John Willis

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:37:11 GMT, "Ken Moiarty"
scribbled this interesting note:

"John Willis" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Really? Seems you fail to understand that as with any business these
days, accounting is what actually runs it, not the quality control
department!:~(

Accounting is just a tool. As with any tool, the tool itself doesn't
determine what your mix of priorities are to be. "People", with their
objectives, interests, values, aspirations and desires etc. ultimately
determine that. If the people don't enter "quality control" into their
accounting equations, it is 'people' who have chosen to not do so, not the
'science of accounting'.

You seem to imply that "quality" is some kind of silly, superfluous, entity,
which is non-essential to productive business activity. Though I expect no
shortage of, say... overpaid government bureacrats, slick talking used-car
salesmen, or back street drug dealers, etc... who'd likely be eager to agree
with you, I for one beg to differ!:~)

Ken

Sorry if what I said seemed to imply what you inferred. It was not my
intention. The point being exactly as you made it. The lack of quality
is caused by a short term focus on one portion of the equation, that
being the bottom line at the end of the day, instead of the end of the
decade. It is an unfortunate state of affairs that the "Wal-Mart"
syndrome is everywhere...

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)