Default Newby plumber problem

We've just moved into a house that was built in the sixties. I am
replacing all of the rather wornout pipes under the double drain
kitchen sink, and decided to replace the two sink strainer assemblies
as well, since the drains have become quite ugly looking.

I was able to get one of the strainers out, but the second one is not
coming out. I've removed all of the gaskets and locknuts from under
the basket -- I simply can't get the strainer body to budge.

What is recommended to remove it without damaging the sink (which is
cast iron with porcelain enamel)? The strainer body is quite rusty,
and I fear that it may have been glued in with epoxy or other glue.
Is there some kind of solvent that can be used, or do I need to just
give it a good whack? I'm trying to avoid replacing the whole sink,
but fear I may be forced to if I can't solve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon R.