themeanies

themeanies wrote:
Long story short:

Out of town, back to find slab leak and 75% of house flooded. The water
actually came up in the master bathroom, leak was in the Kitchen 25ft
away. Got leak fixed and house dried out. Now removing damaged
cabinets and wall to repair. Got the toilet removed from the floor to
find a mass of tiny roots embedded in the wax ring. This is where the
water came up from under the slab. The roots do not appear to be inside
the sewer line, just in the waxring from what I can tell. There is an
external wall nearby, the only plants nearby are roses. Neighbors have
lots of growth in their yard, but they are at least 40ft away. This
root growth is also quite new as we had the toilet up about 3 years ago
to lay ceramic tiles. No roots then.

Any ideas about how to kill this stuff off and remove it? Whats the
usual procedure with this situation?

Thanks,
tM

Here is an image.

http://www.tekn0lust.com/images/sewer.jpg

Though you can't see in this image, there are no roots *in* the sewer.

I haven't been able to get my plumber out yet so I'm not really wanting
to mess with it just yet. I'm going to dig around in the bed just out
side where the sewer access point is. Maybe something has followed it.

Thanks so much for all the valuable input.
tM