Spud

Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:35:32 -0400, "Dave Schwartz"
wrote:

All of a sudden, this season, when the pump stops running, I get a
backwards flow of water through the skimmer, bringing along with it
some diatomaceous earth from the filter which then gets into the
pool and ends up on the bottom. Never had this problem before.
Other than that, the system still works fine. Any thoughts as to
what's happening?

Air is getting in. I've had this sort of problem twice and both times
it turned out that the drain plug in the bottom of the filter strainer
had cracked and was letting air in.

same place my air was getting in