Phil Norman

Default Stamp Duty update

A short while ago I posted a question on this ng about Stamp Duty. The
specific point was about me wishing to sell my house to my daughter for a
nominal amount sufficient to clear my existing mortgage - and whether or not
Stamp Duty would be payable at the full market price of £150,000.

People on this group were very helpful, but no-one (understandably) was able
to give a definite yes or no on the issue. I have since discovered that
there is a specific Inland Revenue 'Stamp Duty Helpline' , and when I
contacted them they were able to tell me that in my case no Stamp Duty would
be payable.

Should anyone have a similar query the number is: 0845-603-0135.

Regards

Phil