John

Default Replacing well pump motor

Howdy all. I'm replacing a bad well pump motor and have run into a little
snag in disassembling the old one. The spindle of the old one is attached to
the "flywheel" (sorry... not sure about exact terminology here!) and I am
stumped on how to proceed in removing it. It looks like it is basically
screwed on, but the spindle rotates freely and I have no means of locking it
down. I think there's some sort of thin lock-nut at the tip of the spindle,
but I see no way of getting that off. Sorry to be vague here... I can
provide photos if need be to help further clarify what I'm talking about.