"You have no case against him, getting arrested is an act of god, like
breaking a leg,. "

That's a new legal concept. So, a guy who beats up his wife and ends
up in jail wasn't responsible because it was an act of god and couldn't
be avoided?

"if he had a 3 week sentance then it was the same as firing
him if he was in the hospital, and no contract allows that crap, we all

gert sick."

LOL Now it gets even better. How the hell could anyone get a 3 week
jail sentence in the middle of a simple remodeling job, without knowing
that it was coming? Nothing happens that quickly or with no notice in
the legal system. Now it's possible he got arrested and couldn't make
bail. But from where I sit, that's very likely the contractor's fault
too. If he got drunk and wound up in a bar fight, beat up the wife,
whatever, it is his irresponsible actions that led to the arrest. And
if he knew he had a court date coming for sentencing and didn't
disclose that to the homeowner, then certainly the contractor's at
fault. That is way different than breaking a leg.