andy everett

Default If it is important that the outside of a house breaths, lap sidingok?

I'm in the design stages of a smallish addition to our house. I am
leaning towards using a cement based pre primed siding (anything good or
bad to say about Hardiplank lap siding?). My concern is that after
several coats of paint the siding may form a vapor barrier and trap
moisture. I live in PA. Is this a concern? I could use Hardishingles
which when installed would leave many small channels for vapor to
escape, a lot more work and not the look I'm after.

Thank you for any thoughts,

Andy Everett