SteveB

"Fred" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:G1Hwe.7310$8o.1309@fed1read03...

"Fred" wrote in message
I have a building in San Francisco where I had a licensed contractor did
some major work. A permit was pulled, contractor did the work, I was
shown a final inspection (so I thought) from this contractor so final
payment was released. Now many years gone by and now trying to sell the
property, my real estate agent requested a (CCR?) report and to my dismay
the San Francisco building department stated no final permit was issued
for this work. Permit expired long ago, now what?

What in the world are you asking here for?

Ask the real estate agent to research what to do. If they don't know,
ask their broker. Ask the building department. If that fails, contact a
lawyer. There are solutions for every problem.

You could only be asking for a very, very, very big problem asking advice
here instead of just the big problem you now have.

I am sure that this is not the first time that this has happened, and it
won't be the last. Find out what other people did in the same situation.

The advice you get here is free, and worth all you paid for it.
Professional advice that you pay for will at least have ethical
guidelines that you can lean on if it is erroneous.

What are you going to do here if you get bad advice?

Flame them?

That'll show 'em.

Now, get on it, and let us know what you find out.

STeve

I cannot think off a better place to ask than the newsgroups. So far I had
positive responses from someone in the building department and a
registered engineer from another group, thank you. Yes, the advice is
free, but far from worthless as long as you develop a selective filter. I
would say that much of the advice I've gotten through the years is as good
or better than the advice I'd paid for including my $400/hour lawyer,
$150/hour mechanic, $250/hour CPA, etc.

Flame them for bad advice? I have a condo conversion, an in-law addition
and a remodel to do in three different cities. Sorry, no time. (And often
times the bad advice is not intentional.)

Newsgroups are great! I just fix my chain saw the other day with some free
advice that my mechanic couldn't fix in ver 18 months under warranty. I
learn how to weld better, fix my cars, fix my properties, invest better,
etc. - all in all, save me thousands of dollars and unnecessary
frustration. So many good people here and much appreciated!

I agree 100%. I often use newsgroups, but when I really want advice I can
take to the bank, I consult a professional. And sometimes the direct
approach is best. Simply going to the people involved and asking what it
will take to fix it is the shortest route. There are all sorts of gyrations
here every day on this question and that. And some very bad advice given
and taken. And all that was really needed was to just go directly to the
people involved.

YMM(and probably does)V

Steve