Rafal

Default Connecting WC pan to cast iron soil pipe?

Hi all,

In my newly done bathroom I just got a very unpleasant soil pipe whiff.
Unnerved by this I have moved the WC pan to check the waste connections.
What I found was the new wc pan flexi pipe just shoved in to the old
horizontal iron soil pipe with no seal around it!
The plumber /if you can call him that/ was aware of the need to replace
or repair the cracked collar. He did not do it thou and there is
nothing in writing about me asking him to do it.
Are there any regulations which would lay down clearly rules for tight
coupling wc pan to a soil pipe? And where to find them?

Thanks in advance