Art

Check to see if the contractor is still licensed. He had to put up a bond.
You may be able to get him into big trouble if he cannot resolve your
problem. Unfortunately he is probably gone.

Also, even if he is working under a different corporate name, in most states
the licenses are personal and you can still get him.

"Fred" wrote in message
I have a building in San Francisco where I had a licensed contractor did
some major work. A permit was pulled, contractor did the work, I was shown
a final inspection (so I thought) from this contractor so final payment was
released. Now many years gone by and now trying to sell the property, my
real estate agent requested a (CCR?) report and to my dismay the San
Francisco building department stated no final permit was issued for this
work. Permit expired long ago, now what?