Pop

Too bad more people don't give your recommendation. A
little wordy, but still the best advice. Lots of times
people are looking for ways to get arond things and
that's dangerous and/or costly depending. From the
sound of it he's lucky that contractor actually pulled
a permit.

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
I have a building in San Francisco where I had a
licensed contractor did some major work. A permit
was pulled, contractor did the work, I was shown a
final inspection (so I thought) from this contractor
so final payment was released. Now many years gone
by and now trying to sell the property, my real
estate agent requested a (CCR?) report and to my
dismay the San Francisco building department stated
no final permit was issued for this work. Permit
expired long ago, now what?

Everyone's an expert here, including me so you're
going to be advised to do everything but blow up the
building. Then again someone may suggest that as
well. But, it's really very simple what you need to
do, allthough the process may not be so simple.

First attempt to make contact with the contractor and
regardless of whether he tells you to pack sand or
not, next thing is for you to go the building
department and tell them what's happened. They will
no doubt require you to take out another permit.
Depending upon the scope of the work that was
performed as well as their inspection records for the
job they may have additional req's as well. They may
or may not have original drawings and specs.

You may end up suing the former contractor, you may
not, but you have to start at the building dept. Not
in usenet.