P. Fritz

"Some Guy" wrote in message ...
wrote:

David,
If I gave a truss manufacturer a careful drawing of an existing
truss, a manufacturer could tell me what loads it could support?

A manufacturer will probably not even give you the time of day.

And I doubt they have a CAD system and/or expert that does finite
element analysis on the stuff they do make.

Better think again

Look. They churn out the same stuff day in and day out. They're not
going to have expensive computer software (and an even more expensive
engineer) on staff to basically twiddle his fingers.

Wrong again

They don't
change their designs often enough to warrant that sort of cost. Wood
trus engineering was worked out decades ago. It's not rocket science.

Wrong again

For liability issues no-one is going to look at your drawings and give
you a thumbs up or down.