TURTLE

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
news:1vhwe.1819993$Xk.49529@pd7tw3no...
My A/C is in need of repair. The first repair guy I called wouldn't touch
it. Said it was too old that fixing (the slow leak presumably) would cost me
as much as a new A/C. Then he hit me with the sales pitch!!
Can't they just top these things up with more R-12? Or replace the coolant
with something else? Currently the A/C blows about 10 degrees F cooler than
the room temperature, not quite cold enough when the heat starts going up up
up. Do I believe the repair guy or get a second opinion?

This is Turtle.

Get a second opinion for your being given a sales pitch to buy a new unit. tell
him to gas it up or get out.

TURTLE