RicodJour

Some Guy wrote:
Colbyt wrote:

You are joking aren't you???????????
Most residential trusses are designed to hold up the roof and the
drywall. Attic junk not included. Floor load not included.

I guess that explains how I can load my roof with 120 bundles of
shingles and 5 guys (and that's in addition to the weight of the
existing shingles).

The truss is designed to be toploaded. If you put that same load on
the bottom chord of those same trusses they would fail.

Trusses are the most economical use of wood possible. Why do you feel
that they would build in all sorts of reserve strength (and give it
away)?