Bob Morrison

In a previous post Some Guy says...
I guess that explains how I can load my roof with 120 bundles of
shingles and 5 guys (and that's in addition to the weight of the
existing shingles).

Cut a few truss members and try it. That's what the OP was proposing.

Most roofers I've seen at least make an attempt to spread the load out
some. If you pile all 120 bundles in one place then a roof failure
would not be unexpected.

As for the 5 guys, I assume they are moving around and not sitting in a
bunch having a smoke. That makes them "short-term" load and wood is
pretty forgiving for that type of loading.

--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co