HeadHunter

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because every professional user I have ever seen is using 10W30 engine
oil. Now I'm not about to put that into my Stihls but I was just
wondering if I am wasting money on expensive bar oil?

Any comments?

Dean

Skipping the big long thread in the middle on this.

I have only ever put USED motor oil for my bar oil. I have 2 stihls that are
about 20 and 13 years old respectfully. I have replaced the oil pumps in
each saw once for 70~80 dollars Canadian, parts and labour each time. Each
saw is expected to cut and rip about 60~75 cords of firewood each year. I
do believe I have saved good amount of money over the last 20 years by using
used motor oil and getting new pumps rather than using new motor oil or bar
oil.

It works for me.