Edwin Pawlowski

"Ken Moiarty" wrote in message

It would certainly

make
my attic storage efforts easier if some of these cross-members could

somehow
be removed out of the way (that is... in such a way as to not compromise

the
structural integrity of my roof, of course).

Therefore I'm requesting feedback on the following idea: 'Sistering'

(i.e.
reinforcing with) 2x6s to the topmost rafters, followed by removal of
some
of the supporting cross-members of said trusses. Not being a carpenter
or
structural engineer of any kind, I'm seeking informed comments/advice
from
others before going further with this.

Crazy idea. Sure, there may be some method, but do you really trust a bunch
of us crazies on a newsgroup to tell you how to re-do your roof support?
Only way to know is to have a qualified engineer look at the situation. Not
knowing the spans, load, new floor load, etc, you can be in real serious
trouble with this.