cowboy

c actually shade matters a lot in your utility bill, that is why I said
c it would cost less.

As I said before, you are mistaken. the air over the condenser coil keeps
it
cool even with the sun on it. sunlight has a very minute influence on the
head pressure. please get some training somewhere before you try to answer
these questions. you really do need it.

you are really embarrassing yourself in front of everyone, this point is not
even debatable!

you don't get to defy basic science, no matter how clueless you are!

if you really believe this (because you have never had a class in basic
thermodynamics, and are basically just a stupid redneck with a GED) you can
easily prove it to yourself by doing a simple experiment that even YOU can
understand!

hook a clamp on ammeter around the unit's lead-in, measure current draw
after running unit in the sun for an hour in the hot part of the day, then
shade condenser and measure in another hour (make sure that the ambient temp
outside is the same in both cases)

you will see a significant difference in energy consumption!

here is a good book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/0486632776
ISBN: 0486632776

please do us a favor and read it, you look like a horse's ass to the
engineers and scientists that lurk on this board!

cheers!

cowboy