Eric Tonks

I have found that all brands of bulbs except Philips "sing" when dimmed.
Some cheapie dimmers probably can make any bulb sing. I have only used
Leviton better quality dimmers.

"Shamenize" wrote in message
I'm trying to replace a light dimmer switch - it controls 8x 60W bulbs -
there may be another lamp on the circuit but if so, it is sealed up in the
ceiling and unused now. The current dimmer switch is a Slater 2000W (!!)
switch - I'm having a devil of a time replacing it and it occurs to me

that
I may not need one able to handle that kind of wattage. Am I correct in

the
assumption that I would be able to fall down to a 600W or so dimmer

switch?
Or am I playing games with my lighting? And in addition - what IS the
general opinion on regular incandescent bulbs on dimmer switches? Any
feelings on the whole "singing bulbs" thing? Thanks for any assistance

with
this!

Shaman