geoff

Default Right angle TV cable plugs

In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
Andrew McKay wrote:
I'm not sure that right-angled plugs exist anyway - though I'll be
happy to be corrected. The reason I say this is because when you get
into RF frequencies (which you do with TV signals) any kinks in the
cable run can lead to unfortunate stray signals - a bit like if you
have a pond with a stone standing out and you send a ripple across the
water - when it hits the stone you get all sorts of ripple patterns on
the surface.

Think that's the idea of a right angle plug - to prevent kinks in the
co-ax.

50 ohm BNCs (RF impedance) certainly exist.

Except that (I thought) coax for TV is 75 ohms

--
geoff