Olaf

"oreo123" wrote in message

I did dump the algiside in it but I really think that I have to get the
entire bottom clean for it to work. Have shocked it. One person told me to
increase chlorene and that would help kill off the algi.? Think that is
correct?

Did you say 4 foot pool? I have a 4 foot pool that is 12 feet in diameter. I
assume you're not talking about one so small or you'd just empty it and
refill it.

Vacuuming and debris from the winter ice tells me you really must not have
one like mine :-D

I have had to use algaecide to get rid of algae before, but only if I slip
up and forget to chlorinate it regularly. I usually only need chlorine to
keep my pool crystal clear, but I'm not afraid to super-shock it every day
after heavy use (I also put it away for the winter). Otherwise if it's just
sitting there covered I just take it up to shock level in the late evening.
It still needs more the next morning before the kids can get in, especially
if the water is very warm (like lately).

All I have to do is stir mine and let it sit uncovered for about an hour and
the level drops dramatically when the water is warm.
I can't imagine trying to clear up water that has been sitting all winter.
It's a patient wait with algaecide, sometimes, even if the water is just a
little green.

Debris on the bottom shouldn't effect the algaecide too much, as long as
you're adding enough to kill it. You may just have to wait.