Olaf

"waywardguy" wrote in message
Just got a new machine (Sears Kenmore) at a house I just bought, but even

minimal amount of soap won't seem to drain. The pipe going to the septic
system is a little high (about 6 1/2 feet from the floor) - could that be
the problem?

Appreciate any thoughts...

-Dave

I recently had this problem after moving to a house with a softener. My
washer pumps water to about 4 feet above the washer top to get the water up
out of the basement and does just fine. It's about 8 to 8.5 feet from the
floor.

You just need to use less soap. No matter how you crack it: if you have too
much suds, then you have too much soap.

If you need to knock the suds down pour in a capful or two of liquid fabric
softener.

Also, many washers today will start spinning the load when ever the lid has
been opened and closed (or the machine has been turned off and back on)
during the drain cycle... even if it's full of water. This is hard on the
motor and transmission and makes even more suds.

I learned to use an extremely small amount of detergent in the laundry
(especially with the towels and washcloths), there's a trick to getting just
the right amount so you get some suds, but not too much. It is amazing how
long a jug of detergent will last.

You can peek in a few minutes before the end of the wash cycle and pour in
some fabric softener to knock the suds down if necessary.