blueman

writes:
Sealing the concrete sounds like putting a band aide on an infected wound.
You need to find where the moisture is coming from..
If it happens even when it has not rained for a while then you may have
underground water - or maybe just dew?
Where do you live? Does rest of basement get damp?

LB

We have only had the house for 9 months now, but the basement and
garage were completely dry this winter and spring despite record snow
and rains (we are in the Northeast). Also we are up on a hill, so
water drains down.

We only started having the problem the last couple
of weeks when it suddenly turned hot and humid (with no rain by the
way).

This makes me think that it is not a classical drainage or water
problem, but really just do to cool basement/garage set against some
very hot and muggy weather leading to condensation.

Does this make sense?
Would this explain why the cool cement floor is feeling damp?
Also, if it is condensation, would sealing help or not?