Corinne

Thank you.

This is a new fence, and a must have as he has a swimming pool.

For now, the fence looks great, but I am thinking out of the box, i.e,
what if in three years it looks old and tacky. I am hoping I get to
know this neighbor way before then and I will definitely ask him.
He just put in the new fence two months ago.

I was just trying to get some input ahead of time.

any thanks.

Corinne

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Corinne" wrote in message

My neighbor has a fence and the back side faces my backyard.

Can I paint it to match the color of my house, or do I need his permission
first?

Thanks.

Corinne

If it is on his property, you need to ask. Regardless of the fence's
location, you'll ask anyway, or at least get his input. It would be kind of
futile if you painted the fence this week, and he was planning on tearing it
down next week...

Also, if he says yes, do a good job, keep the paint on your side without
bleed-through, and don't make a mess he has to deal with.