Jack Sandweiss

HvacTech2 wrote:

Hi Jack, hope you are having a nice day

On 26-Jun-05 At About 02:15:54, Jack Sandweiss wrote to All
Subject: Corsair AC unit squeaks loudly---new symptoms

JS From: Jack Sandweiss

JS No, it is a separate AC outside. I have an Apollo (water) heating
JS system, but, AFAIK, that is totally independent of the AC. I've been
JS told by many that the whoosh is normal on shutdown of the AC. But,
JS now it is occuring intermittently during operation, with or without
JS an accompanying squealing, which sounds to me like a motor that
JS needs oil. I know about motors, but not AC units. The squealing
JS has a "revolving" rhythm to it. The fan is "self-lubricating".

if this is an A/C only this sound is not normal. what you are hearing is the
compressors internal relief valve opening to relieve excess pressure.
you should turn the unit off immediately before it is permanently damaged.

JS I'm trying to avoid buying an entire new unit, if, replacing the
JS condenser motor is all it needs. Thanks for your reply.

if you turn it off now and have it repaired it may be ok but it could have
been damaged already. sometimes these internal relief valves can open and
stay opened which means you will need a new compressor. of course running
this long with the valve opening has also put quite a strain on the system
but if you get it repaired it could last for several years or it could fail
in a week, a day, Etc...

-= HvacTech2 =-

.. "I couldn't find the remote control to the remote control."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

Thanks for the reply. I'll have the HVAC man come out. But, could a
failing condenser fan, bring about the relief valve problem?