Ashton Crusher

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:15:04 GMT, "Seabass"
wrote:

A couple of days ago my downstairs AC unit went off and the control
panel had no power. I reset the breaker and it came back on. This morning,
I lost the unit again and again with no power to the control panel, but
resetting the breaker is not helping. I checked the leads on the control
panel and am not getting voltage to it. It's a Carrier HVAC. Any advice on
other things to check?
BTW, Anybody used Frymire to service their AC? Comments?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
www.texascontractorratings.com

Sounds like you should check the circuit breaker. They do go bad
occasionally. IF you know what you are doing, you can temporarily
just turn that breaker off and pick another breaker of the same amp
rating just like it (for a non-critical circuit) and turn it off too.
When they are both OFF, switch the wires and then turn them back on
and see if the AC starts working again. If it does there's a
reasonable chance you just need a new breaker. If it was me I'd buy
two new ones and switch out both the ones you monkeyed with as long as
you are in there anyway..