Steve

Default PWT/TPR seeks to improve status to Wasp - Need help on pruning the bushes.

I've just moved into a nice neighbood where one is expected to
keep the grass cut and prune the bushes.
Any suggestions on how to trim them?

I don't know what kind they are, but they have small leaves and
the bushes are shaped round with flat tops. There are several
right together and they are 4 feet from the house.
Questions:
1. Do I keep the bushes seperate or let them grow together?
2. How do you know which to trim and which to let grow wild.
3. It would seem to me, after a time, the bushes grow "woody"
right up to the very edge of green and it is hard to cut this
thick wood with an electric trimmer. Do I then need to prun
some of the thicker branches so I get some regrowth of more green
and easily pruneable vegitation?

Also, my yard has a grass? weed? in it that I would like help
IDing. It has a braided like base, that is stolon like. Then it
puts up a single stalk that is "Y" shaped with fine black stuff
on it. I don't know if it is a weed or a type of grass.
Any help most appreciated.

SH