Puddin' Man

Thanks go to PaPaPeng. His philosophy is similar to mine, 'tho
I suspect he is more skilled.

I took it apart to the extent practical, cleaned/eyeballed everything,
lubed major components. Don't know how long it'll last, but
it runs fine now.

Salut,
Puddin'

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:55:51 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:32:34 GMT, (Puddin' Man)
wrote:

I called maybe 5 vac repair shops, asked if I could
bring motor in, get a cost estimate. They all suggested
I should pitch the old unit, buy new.

Not sure where to go from here ...

That's true. These dfays its cheaper to just buy another one than
repair. What I do with my old ones is to take them apart to see how
they are put together. If I can fix it so much the better. If not I
have learned something and I have a can full of parts even if they are
only screws, nuts and bolts, and a powercord and switch. That
something learned can be how to take things apart without gouging or
wreaking it. How not to overstress or abuse the gadget when operating
it. The wear limits of the various components, etc. Another learned
skill is to recognize the extent of a problem as to whether a quick
and simple fix can get it back to good condition quickly, a more
difficult fix to be done later but in the meantime don't wreak it, to
when you know its a tosser without having to disassemble something. I
have equipment that are more than 40 years old and still working good.

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***