Harry

In article ,
"Nick Plume" [email protected] wrote:
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I add a 80 lb. bag of salt to the
pool every year when I top it off. It softens the water.

Just to show you how things are different from place to place. I took a
sample of my pool water to be tested - and they told me to put 40 pounds
of calcium in the water to harden it.

My wife loves having the pool - she swims 100 laps a day - it is worth
that just to keep her in shape. She always dreamed of having her own
pool when she was a kid. Now at age 50 - she has one and is happy. Go
figure. To me it is just a lot of work and expense to for maybe a half
hour use a day - even here in Florida. Having a hot tub makes more sense
to me - we have much less upkeep with that - and you can use it every
day - hot or cold.