Nick Plume

"oreo123"wrote
Correct. Just opening it. I am not going to refill it as it seems like a
waste. Been in there vacuuming for a couple of hours and we are pulling up
leaves and pine needles. The pillow burst mid winter and ice and junk from
blizzards got in it.

I did dump the algiside in it but I really think that I have to get the
entire bottom clean for it to work. Have shocked it. One person told me to
increase chlorene and that would help kill off the algi.? Think that is
correct?

And will I turn purple and have my limbs fall off it the algi number is

off?

TIA.

Make sure you check the PH level also. Once the water has proper balances
and is treated properly, it will start to clear up and you will slowly start
seeing the leaves on the bottom. Don't expect it to clear up in a day, it
will take several days.

I've been through the exact same thing you're experiencing.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I add a 80 lb. bag of salt to the
pool every year when I top it off. It softens the water.

I won't comment on the chlorene, because I've never over done it. I stick
to what works for me.