Nick Plume

"oreo123" wrote
low alcilinity (sp?). I assume that is why the pool is a bit green. I
installed some chemical to raise it last night. Its above ground 4 feet
deep. I cannot see the bottom and keep vacuuming up leaves from the

bottom.

1. is it a waste to place that chemical in there if there are still a few
leaves at the bottom?

2. cholorine is low. Just shocked. Will shocking affect the alki level?

TIA.

Sounds as if you're just opening the pool for the season. Find a pool
center, and get an opening kit. It includes, a bottle of algaecide, a
bottle of clarifier, and a couple packs of shock.

Sounds like you have an algae problem. Extreme heat like we've been having
makes algae a common problem.

I wouldn't empty the pool and refill, I've had problems and you would be
amazed of how quick you can clear up the problems with proper treatment.

Do follow recommendations for treating the pool at least once a week. You
will have to take care of the pool more often with a lot of use (body oils)
and when extreme heat conditions are present. Do not skimp on the
maintenance, or you will have severe water problems.